Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BIG BROTHER, click to bid

I grew up in a mostly girl family--5 girls (I'm #2) and one boy, who came along at the very end. I have two daughters. So most of my experience with children has been with girls. I always fretted that I might have a boy and wouldn't know what to do with him--nobody ever taught me how to throw a ball (yes, and I catch like a girl too), much to my chagrin. When watching children playing, my eyes always followed the little girls. Until my daughter had a little boy. Now my eyes follow the little boys and I think of little Victor, in Alaska, 3400 miles away.

BIG BROTHER is a 5x7 pastel on PastelBord, at auction on ebay. Retail value $450, but bidding begins (and many times ends) at $100. Ten percent of my ebay sales go to World Vision.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I am also one of five girls, the oldest. We have two younger brothers. Your painting is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete