Friday, June 10, 2011

Je suis en France!


Got here after 11 hours traveling, had a cup of tea and crashed for about 6 hours. Kippy and Gerome took me to their friend's home for dinner, where I had a chance (after a couple of glasses of wine) to practice the French I have been studying in my car the past year. I am told that I don't speak with an American accent. That I speak the language very well! It was fun this evening. I didn't bring my camera because I'm still groggy from the trip and just didn't want to bother with it. Instead, here's a picture of my little bedroom for the next few weeks.

Students begin arriving Sunday. Kippy wanted me to have a little time to rest before class started. I'll write more tomorrow--I'm going back to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Two girls from France came in to the restaurant last night for dinner, and we chatted about your trip. I practiced all the French I know as they walked out the door. Bonsoir, and, "Le petit garçon est mon frére." I waited until they were out the door before I said The little boy is my brother, though.

    Je ne peux pas attendre plus de nouvelles de France! Google language tools says that means I can't wait for more news from France.

    ReplyDelete