Thursday, July 11, 2013

A productive day


I've just been notified that my two pastels, "Curiosity" and "Clignancourt Flea Market, Paris," have been selected as finalists in the Animal/Wildlife and Landscape/Interior categories of The Artist's Magazine 30th Annual Art Competition. The magazine will be on the stands in December 2013. 

It's been an interesting day. While clearing out brush in the yard, yanking out vines and weeds, cutting out dead climbing rose branches and cutting down out-of-control growth, I've discovered a couple of things... I have muscadine grape vines climbing all over my fence, and I unearthed this lovely glass vase with a funny little attachment. Hmmmm... what can I use it for?





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful luscious (the most overused word for pastel???) paintings both!

    I'm guessing that glass artifact is from the last century, and probably used for some sort of pagan ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 12, 2013

    it is for smoking grape vines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured it was something like that, or possibly a precursor to the sippy cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you crack me up. I love your blog. I'm always laughing, crying and cheering with you and we've never met!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, are you sure it isn't a bong?? LOL

    ReplyDelete