Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Last night in Florence.



It’s my last day in Florence. I fly out tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.

I’m hoping my climbing pink roses are still in bloom; they were budding furiously when I left home and promised to be spectacular after my spring pruning. I planted tender baby heirloom tomato plants, grown from seeds Anna gave me for Mother’s Day; I wonder if they’ve survived my neglect. My cat, Molly, might give me the silent treatment for a while. I have a stack of bills waiting to be attended to. And my 11 year old grandson, Victor, comes to stay with me next week while he’s in science camp in Atlanta. It’s time to go home.

I also want to catch up on the news in the USA. I have an artist friend, Robin Hix, who lost everything in the Texas floods this week: her home and art studio. A lifetime of work gone. If anybody cares to contribute something to help her begin again, however small a contribution, it would be a significant help to Robin.  There's a link on her web site to contribute. Please do: http://www.robinreneehix.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment