Thursday, September 4, 2008

LISA IN PROFILE, sold



"Lisa in Profile" is a 5x7 original pastel on PastelBord. Bidding starts at $100.










Now this really doesn't look like Lisa. I'm not a portrait artist, and I don't take painstaking efforts at getting a true likeness. I'm just looking for gesture, color, drama, maybe if I'm lucky, mood. This is the first of my newest series utilizing all those things my friend, Susan, and I have been accumulating at thrift shops, and more lately, ebay.

Ebay, the bane of my existence. The hours I waste, sitting at this computer on ebay looking for vintage clothing and props. I feel like I've been on a gluttonous binge lately but you should see all the lovely goodies we've been bidding on. Actually, I guess you will be seeing them. They'll be on my models, currently Lisa, whom you see here.

3 comments:

  1. I am an ardent follower and a subscriber to your blog - I follow closely and I must say, THIS PIECE has something DEEP in it. The COLOURS are out of this WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Very beautiful colors.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete