Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I HAD A DREAM..., click to bid.

About 18 years ago I had this dream. It has stayed in the back of my mind throughout my life.

I was standing on a choir platform with 4 or 5 other women. We all had sheet music in our hands and were trying to sing a song to the accompaniment of a woman playing a piano. I just couldn't get it. The melody, the harmony, everything was confusing; even the sheet music was unreadable. So the woman on the piano sang and played the song in its entirety for us. When she played, it was breathtakingly beautiful and I understood how to sing it. So we sang. It was a song of thanksgiving. And as we sang I was able to understand the sheet music, which was not bars and notes and symbols, but was linear. The line climbed to an apex then descended to the depths and climbed up again and descended again, up and down, up and down, like a mountain range with valleys. The song was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. I woke sobbing, realizing I had just been given a gift. And I understood that I am learning this song of thanksgiving throughout my entire life, through the mountains and valleys.

This 5x7 pastel is another of Ann, a model who posed for my Thursday evening class here in Atlanta. It's up for auction, with the bidding beginning at $100. Click on the title above to be linked to the ebay auction.

7 comments:

  1. A marvelous painting - so rich in color and sensitivity.
    Your story of the dream really touched me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ,,,and now you've shared your gift with me. Thank you, Margaret; so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is the most amazing dream. I think you were hearing the music of the spheres, the heavens, what those who have died and return sometimes talk about. But you were allowed to hear it early.

    Today your story/blog provided ME with my first item in my gratitude journal. I love all the amazing colors you use in your paintings…yet they are so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story! I always think it's pretty amazing how insightful our dream images and messages can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and inspired dream. I have those for my paintings as well. I attribute them to my guardian angel Allison and the archangels, particularly Uriel and Gabriel. I have an angel blog and teach angel workshops. So nice to see the inspiration is everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a powerful dream! And such an insightful interpretation. Who was the singer who taught you to sing through those peaks and valleys? Gives me chills thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This brought tears to my eyes! Because when you have a dream that never leaves you, even years later, it's a gift that's so significant and it's message is especially deep and meaningful. I had one 25 years ago that I've never forgotten, about taking a ride through the universe. Maybe I'll tell you about it in France next year. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete