Friday, August 11, 2017

“You got me in trouble with my wife!”

“You got me in trouble with my wife!” were the first words out of Phil’s mouth to me this morning at breakfast. According to Phil, in his Chinese accent, Grace has been reading my blog and has demanded that he stop telling jokes. Now, since we don’t really think Grace exists, we figure he was just embarrassed that his joke went so badly and he’s trying to find a way to not get into that position again. We continue to humor him.

And speaking of humor, I have to say that it is not the most conducive environment for someone to learn to speak French, if when one pokes one’s head into the kitchen and asks in the best French one could muster, if there were any bottles of water one might have, and the 3 French people in the kitchen burst into uncontrollable laughter. I am still not sure what I said wrong but I am very glad to have given them a moment of joviality.

We worked in the studio again today; Maria returned to pose for us. We had another photo session with her, which promises to provide all these artists with plenty of beautiful reference material for a long while. I totally forgot to take pictures today so I don’t have anything but these weird pastries Barry bought for everyone to share. Tomorrow I will do a better job.


No comments:

Post a Comment